Marc also talks about difficult aspects of coaching businesses where many people get hung up. Specifically, where to draw the line with freebies and why it’s important to not be afraid to sell. He also touches on important subjects like finding a niche, providing value, creating habits and more.
Listen to the Full Episode:
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
- How being a twin showed him the advantages of teamwork and working with others to find success.
- Why it’s important to start with coaching and how that helps develop your skills and business.
- Why the definition of coaching is made more complicated than necessary.
- The biggest mistakes people make while starting a coaching business.
- The importance of having a focused niche and tips on how to find yours.
- The downfall of working with people you dislike or doing something just because it’s good money.
- How much to give away for free and when to make the pitch.
- The most important pieces to put together to get organic marketing going strong.
- How he built up his writing skills and is able to write daily emails in very little time.
Ideas Worth Sharing:I would just commit to a daily something. A daily something is something you do every day that you enjoy and something that will get results. -@MarcMawhinney Click To Tweet The coach is there to help people get from point A to point B. -@MarcMawhinney Click To Tweet Don’t just chase the almighty dollar. If you do that, it’s going to be more difficult. Instead, go for people or a market you actually enjoy and you're good at. -@MarcMawhinney Click To Tweet
Resources In Today’s Episode:
- Marc Mawhinney: Site | Facebook | Twitter |
- The Coaching Jungle
- Natural Born Coaches Podcast
- The Marc Mawhinney Show
- Social Media Marketing World
- Dorie Clark
- Gary Halbert
- Derek Halpern
- Thick Face Black Heart by Chin-Ning Chu
- Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill
- The Art of War by Sun Tsu