Now, of course there are going to be more that you’ll need as you grow your business, but what I’m talking about in this episode are the core set that I would call your startup agreement toolbox. Listen in to hear the key policies you have to have on your website, how to ensure your confidential information stays confidential, and so much more.
Listen to the Full Episode:
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
- Why you should always have written agreements in place.
- Three legal policies you need on your website.
- How customer agreements protect you and your customers.
- Why you shouldn’t be afraid of putting legalese in your contracts.
- The different kinds of customer agreements.
- How to protect yourself from a common issue that comes up with recurring payments.
- What you need to address in your agreements with anyone who works for you.
- Things to keep in mind when considering a partner or joint venture.
- What to make sure is addressed in any independent contractor agreement.
- How to prevent people from taking your confidential information and using it to compete against you.
Ideas Worth Sharing:I am a true believer that written policies and agreements are the most powerful tool you have when it comes to protecting yourself and your business. - @bobbyklinck Click To Tweet I don’t use legalese—except in contracts. I include it in the contracts because it serves a very important purpose of protecting both sides in the agreement. - @bobbyklinck Click To Tweet Your know-how, your secret sauce of the way you do business, your customer list, your marketing plans—all of that stuff has value. … You want to make sure that that kind of stuff, you can protect. - @bobbyklinck Click To Tweet
Resources In Today’s Episode:
- The Online Genius Community
- Your Online Genius Podcast Episode 36: Written Agreements with Bobby Klinck
- 4 Legal Mistakes That Can Doom Your Business And How To Avoid Them
Enjoy the show? Use the Links Below to Subscribe:
If you liked this episode, go ahead and pin me below!